Naked News Roundup: What We Are Reading This Week

Body Image
- At 419 pounds, Stavros Luca is not your typical beauty pageant contestant. But that did not keep http://fightclub.striker-sfc.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=191903 -assured guy from entering the Mr. Gay UK contest. With overwhelming support in the audience, full news won 1st place! The story is amazing and inspirational, but it does not quite have a happy ending. The local news coverage erased him in the narrative, and event coordinators decide to disqualify on him two days later on a bullshit technicality. Read the complete story here, and the short Guardian documentary (embedded at the end) is worth seeing. [Mic]
Results from one of BuzzFeed's Body Image Survey Questions
- BuzzFeed started a Body Image Survey on Friday. To date almost 60% of respondents said they've a poor body image and 33% said they think negative thoughts about their body "more than a few times a day." The second question asks if you believe you look better nude or clothed - only 16% said "naked." In addition they polled about how much you love or loathe certain body parts. Only 13% said they adore their vagina. But for the organ question, 91% said they do not have a dick, so perhaps men were not interested in this survey at all? In any case, one thing is clear: there is still much work to be done on the body image front!
- Well-Known "plus-size" model and body approval supporter Tess Munster went on HuffPost Live to talk about flashes naked and her past and present challenges with her body image." model and body acceptance promoter Tess Munster went on HuffPost Live to talk about flashes naked and her past and present battles with her body image.
- Famed "plus-size
Topfree Equality
- The nipple was eventually freed this weekend with http://mourayioapartments.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=91332 ! The reviews are kind of abysmal. To date I'd describe the consensus as "well-intentioned, but shallow and amateurish." The New York Times described it as "first and foremost the cinematic equivalent of a billboard." I went to the premiere last week and will be posting my own review. For now, here's one of the positive reviews that I loved in Time, which focuses on why topfree equality matters.
Naked Yoga
- Another writer tried a NYC naked yoga course at Bold & Naked Yoga, and gave a adorable, positive report of her experience. Though note that coed naked yoga continues to be going on in NY for years, and she actually is wrong saying that Bold & Naked is the first. [Nicely  Good]
Watch
- As mentioned in the previous Naked News Roundup, a UK documentary called "The Naked Village" aired last week. It centers a nudist club in Britain called Spielplatz. Based with check it , it sounds somewhat glum. The entire 45-minute documentary can be streamed on YouTube. [The Guardian]
Rogen and Franco on Naked and Afraid. Jpg: Discovery Channel
- To promote their new movie, Seth Rogen and James Franco did a spoof episode of Naked and Afraid. There were some great jokes, and they managed to do it without body-shaming. The best line: Seth asking for a giant blur on his crotch area. You are able to see it online here.
Oldie but Goodie
- Initially printed in Bitch magazine in 2012, this in depth report on naturism is outstanding. It is favorable overall, but the writer brings up some valid criticisms and questions about the future of the naturist movement. Anyone concerned with the future of naturism should read it. [Bitch Magazine / Alternet]
Young Naturists & Nudists America
Labels: nude news
Class: Naked News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Writer of Nudist Blog. follow of Naturist Portal. 3rd-generation nudie. Avid reader. Feminist. 70% vegan, 30% vegetarian. After I'm not active eating, I'm writing about naturism, censorship, topfree equality, body image and other interesting subjects. I like comments, so plz leave a comment when you've